...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crush Crash

Jan 31 '10,
7:00 am

I had promised my readers, whom I have failed in keeping my word of writing this diary regularly, that I shall one day write about my first ever crush. So it was essential for me to draft this post as early as possible to avoid this from losing in priority to other tasks and hence getting left incomplete.
I rewind back to Oct 21, 2007 the day I first saw her. It was Dussehra, the time that the Bongs find to be most disheartening. Three days of fun and gaiety finally moving into trance with the idols embracing muddy waters with nothing but the wooden frame afloat and aqueous ripples emanating and fading towards the bank like the moments of joy that we cherish in those three days . But unlike early dussehras, this time I wasn't going to be left disheartened, but shattered instead. Thanks to the girl that made me realise that everything I like is not within my reach always. It's however a matter of surprise and puzzle for me that she has been joining us for last many years, yet remained unnoticed by me. May be because I started staring at girls, shamelesly, only after I came to college, ya... this is mact-syndrome, precisely of M type, the most dreadful of it's kind.(M stands for mechanical)
Let's get back to the scene of crime, where Cupid shot me point blank. Destiny had planned the murder in cold blood.
I remember, so clearly as if it were yesterday, she was in a white attire, standing next to her mom. The sun had crept far enough to leave any traces of light in the sky. And smells of agaves(rajnigandha) tickling my olfactory senses added to the beauty of this serendipity. The halogen lights were shining bright, flashing at the idols that were ready to embark for the annual adieu. I was sitting aimlessly, but waiting for my friends, when suddenly my eyes caught the most subtle and serenely beautiful opus of God. I pegged my eyes on her for don't know how long but till I realised my stupidity. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but was choked. I couldn't move an inch of my body, as if smitten by paralysis. I could feel the thump of my heart which was hammering on my chest. She was looking out for her father, perhaps, she tilted her countenance to every direction she could and caught my eyes. she didn't notice at the first encounter, but after a few more she sensed, which I realised through her discomfort in standing, the eerieness in my behaviour. I got a little jittery and quickly trudged away to a quieter place. The vicinity was not so romantic as it sounds to be, if at all it does. But this is how things appear to be, when you meet your crush for the first time. I bet whenever I saw her, that evening and eves to come, I was no better than a deer caught in a headlight. I talked to her in a stifled tongue, tried to make myself as comfortable as i could but in vain.She made me feel trivial everytime I stood in front of her.
The very next year I gathered courage and talked to her. I was still shivering at the time of year when people have their sweaters stuffed deep inside their cupboards. Anyway I asked her for her phone number, she gave it to me without any hesitation. But unfortunately I rarely called her up, how idiotic it sounds, yes I am a loser in this regard... As one of my friend argues, that if i look deep into my memories then I'll find many more girls that I can call my crush. So I did, but found none.
The reason why I am writing about this on 31st of Jan is because an year ago, on this very date, I talked to her for the last time. The last time I sat next to her. After this, I never saw her again. I don't know where she went, neither do I want to. I don't know if I should regret for not stepping forth or should I thank destiny for doing this to me. For now I seem to be more composed and thoughtful, not to forget the word 'human' while talking to stranger girls, as another friend pointed out. Now I can hope my friend( the same I just mentioned of)will not refer to this girl as pathetic . :-D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

still not sure if d girl's situation was pathetic or not... coz d post gives ur side of d story... anyhow there are many more dussheras yet to come... you never know... though m nt sure if d version u'll b interacting wid wud b d same... lol!!!

the enigma said...

my dear shrutika,,,, there is no story on her side... coz i was simply a 'common-boy-crazy-about-me' to her... And yes.. there have been 2 more dussehras since then... and never ever did i have such a strong emotion...

Anonymous said...

in that case the pathetic tag shudn't hv been applied at d first place... she wud hv been termed pathetic only if she had interacted wid u on d same mindset wid which u hd... in any case d tag was for d case wen something concrete materialised... since it didn't it's baseless to even tag someone... btw it's heartening to know dat atleast she knew u were crazy for her ;-) (hey bt if she knew dat, she certainly shud hv sum story to tell)

avinash saproo said...

i donn know shud i sympathize with u or tell u 2 move on or laugh with u over this but 1 thing is for sure.... u write really well...
such instances do leave the prints on our thinkin n personality... so have they left on urs..
but at the same time ur judging on gal's part is wrong..
u urself didnt tak to her despite she gave u her no. thats ur fault..having said that..might be u enjoy bein single more than nythin else.. subconsciously if not consciously...

the enigma said...

@shrutika.. finally I have made myself clear I think..I mean about the girl not being pathetic.. :P..
@sapru... Buddy thanku so very much for the appreciation, and yes you are so damn right... It's good to remain single ... saala kharcha hone ka jhanjhat bhi nahi rehta hai.. see we can survive on low balance for as long as we want.. huh!!lekin bhai apni baatein sunke ab log kahenge 'grapes are sour' :D

avinash saproo said...

yep buddy....its good to remain single.... at least for majority of time duration.. the only time left bein when 'M' syndrome takes over and frustu state of mind comes to fore...
for the rest of time its good...in fact gr88....

siddharth soni said...

come on yaar dont be so sad it happens with every one and thank god it was a crush and not love either you would have been dipped in melancholy like forever. But something which is really exasperating is that guy u had her number and u dint call her atleast you should have text her it always work. You are a man you got testosteron dont forget this alrite. next time dont be this much tremulous i hope u wont be.