...

Monday, December 7, 2009

Some scars will never fade (6 Dec 1992)

6 Dec '09,
11:59 PM,
It was not until I went to the drawing room while my Mom was watching TV there, that I realised that today is the 17th anniversary of the Black day of Indian Secularism. Yes, the day when Babri Masjid got demolished, the day which seeded the motives for the inhuman act in Mumbai, the day that raved up communal sentiments and the day that left us with so many conundrums.
I urgently need a sleep so I won't analyze the chronicle of events that lead to, as well as followed the demolition. I will discuss them in a later post.
The Structure has become dust, but it still stands as an edifice in the minds of the people connected to it religously as well as emotionally. Every year the two sides mark this day, one side mourns over it and the other celebrates. But I know a third kind, which includes people from both the communities concerned as well. Who don't care about which side triumphs. Who don't care if the saffron flag is hoisted on the ground zero or the green one.They have much more important works to do than to goad people and aggravate sentiments. And I am one of them.The issue is unsettled for he last 17 years and who knows how much more time will it take us to find a solution.
There is a Book written by Late. P. V. Narsimha Rao over this issue titled " Ayodhya, 6 Dec 1992". Which menions the events,official letters and orders pertaining to this issue in chronological order and successfully explains the judicial and constitutional loop holes in our country's governance. He also attempts to justify his inability to declare President rule over the state. I chanced to read it and made my own opinions over it, which will be mentioned in the later post. It's been 17 years and not an inch has moved (I have little hopes from Liberhan Commission Report) but the phantom of this issue will stray in our poilitics for some more time.

No comments: